Identify what plant-forward offerings interest consumers most
This 2023 Datassential Plant-Forward Opportunity Report, explores consumers’ eating habits, beliefs, challenges and desires to uncover opportunities to reduce reliance on meat, dairy, and other animal foods in ways that are approachable and appealing to today’s diners.
This year’s report is focused on understanding consumer expectations around plant-forward offerings, so that chefs and other foodservice operators can meet consumers where they are, and optimize their menus.
The report, developed in partnership with The Culinary Institute of America, Food for Climate League, and the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, is a follow-up to similarly-focused reports in 2022, 2021, and 2020 and explores new opportunities relating to plant-forward dining.
Read on to feed menu innovation and product development with plant-forward opportunities.
- New consumer insights and opportunities relating to plant-forward and sustainable dining
- The driving forces behind plant-forward eating and menu adoption
- Consumer willingness to pay more for plant-forward foods and beverages
- Plant-based price expectations
- Daypart interest in plant-forward options
- Keys to reducing consumer risk for plant-forward dining choices
- Specific demographic insights, including college students and meat limiters