The kids of Generation Alpha, born between 2011 and 2023, are the first generation to be born solely in the 21st century and have already experienced massive global changes despite their young ages.
And because of their mostly millennial parents, Gen Alpha’s daily lives are already rich in stimuli, new experiences, and of course, food. They are YouTube and TikTok natives, and largely opt for more global flavors and food similar to their parents’ tastes than the chicken nuggets and buttered noodles usually linked with kids’ menus.
Here’s a closer look at this unique generation:
- 35% of parents feed their Gen Alpha babies solid food and skipping purees entirely, thanks to an on-trend practice called baby-led feeding
- 31% of Gen Alphas are already eating on-trend ingredients like plant-based foods (oat milk, Beyond Beef, etc.) several times a week
- 84% of Gen Alpha’s are viewing content on YouTube, and 51% are on TikTok
- 56% of Gen Alpha’s parents say they buy their kids new foods they’ve seen on TV or Online
- 35% of food service operators say Gen Alpha is “very” or “extremely” important to their business
And here are some of Gen Alpha’s favorite foods:
|Beef Fajita||Plant Based Chicken|
|Mini Quesadilla||Lemon Pepper|
More on Gen Alpha can be found here.
For more information on any of the research mentioned above, reach out to us here.
For media or press inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.