Recorded on April 14, 2022
Datassential team Colleen McClellan, Mike Kostyo, Gerald Oksanen, and Claire Conaghan discuss how American consumers’ eating habits have changed both at home and away from home (with a sneak peek at our American Meal Keynote) and the latest food trends around Easter and Mother’s Day.
- 48% of consumers watched TV during their last at home meal
- 1/3 of consumers conversed with family and friends during their last at home meal
- The modern diner eats a lot of protein (33% protein at home)
- Dog owners are more likely to talk with people during their meals vs more cat owners watch TV
- Mother’s Day is one of the biggest days of the year for the restaurant business
- Easter Brunch is more common in the Midwest
- The top growing casual and fine dining breakfast terms are plant-based burger, kabob, ham sandwich, and spring mix
Watch the episode for more! See below for access to the webinar presentation.
If you missed the show, join us next time by registering for the bi-weekly series here.
If you are a Datassential client, click here to access the presentation.
Not a client? Request access using the form below.