Recorded on February 17, 2022
Datassential team Jack Li, Mike Kostyo, Huy Do, Claire Conaghan, and Gerald Oksanen explore new consumer attitudes toward meat along with key findings from our Meat, Poultry, and Seafood Keynote report. Additional topics include how the definition of ‘seasonal’ is changing, the end of COVID-19 restrictions and what that means for restaurants, and, of course, the latest trends.
- McDonald’s enters the metaverse
- Taika coffee features creative packaging
- Molson Coors releases Golden Wing barley milk
- Hudson’s restaurant features “ice shanty”
- As of February 9, 45% of consumers are very concerned about COVID-19
- States are quickly dropping mask mandates
- 32% of consumers prefer customer-facing workers keep wearing masks for now
- 68% of consumers agree “COVID-19 will never go away, and it’s time to move on and live with it as an endemic disease like the flu”
- 89% of consumers say seafood in general is healthy
- Younger meat-eaters are increasing their consumption
- The top operator challenge for meat is the price volatility
- Seasonal is on 38.2% of US menus
Watch the episode for more! See below for access to the webinar presentation.
If you missed the show, join us next time by registering for the bi-weekly series here.
If you are a Datassential client, click here to access the presentation.
Not a client? Request access using the form below.